Drumfilters are well proven when it comes to solid removal in aquaculture.
With Hydrotech drumfilters nutrient loads can be reduced significantly.
- up to 80% of BOD
- up to 84% of total P
- up to 91% of TSS
We offer two methods for sludge concentration.
Applications for Drumfilters
- Faeces removal in the effluent water of fish farms
- Mechanical filtration in Recirculating Aquaculture Systems (RAS). Microscreening enhances biological nitrification and increases the effectivity of UV and ozone disinfection.
- The use of 40µ drumfilters in RAS reduces the pressure from Ichthyophthirius multifilis (White spot)
- Sediment removal from the inlet water. Reduces solids sedimentation in the farm and gill problems
- Reduction of Saprolegnia infection with the combination of drumfilter and ozone in hatchery
- Algae removal in intake water from lakes
- Increase of dry matter content in sludge storage tanks
- Prevention of intruding of unwanted species into the farm